Thursday 16 August 2012

Bhagwat Gita Seminar by Iskon's


Recently I had attended Bhagwat Gita seminar conducted by Iskon's and the speaker who came was just too good.
I was supposed to be attending for 4 days but couldnt manage to go all days.
But in the first day small thing that I could understand from the seminar is;
That we now a days are so busy that we hardly find time for God and run behind stuff that are from this mortal work.
Our body is mortal but our soul is immortal, we should do good things all the time.

Also there are 7 miseries that no one can escape on of those I couldnt remember,
those are catagorized into 2:-

Birth
Death
Disease
Old Age

And the second catagory is:
Our own mind and heart
Natural Calamities


We are all in Bhav-sagar - The meaning is Bhav is Misery and greed and Sagar is Ocean.
To live a perfect life as God desires we should be truthful and honest to one's soul and follow his path.
Below were the versus that he had presented on his PPT which I really liked it.
Putting it down here so that everyone can read.


"What is this Life full of care??
We have no time to stand and stare
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheeps and cows".

The paradox of our time in history
is that we have taller buildings,
but shorter tempers;

Wider freeways,but narrower viewpoints,
We spend more but have less
We buy more but enjoy less,
Bigger houses but smaller families.

More convienence, but less time
We have more degrees but less sense
More knowledge but less judgement.

No comments:

Followers

Unsaid, Undone still all Finished !!

My thoughts are my foes. My fear is mounting and enveloping me all. I cannot lose him either. But have wraith at every stall.   I always com...