Thursday 12 May 2011

Billrun fever..........!!!!

The very first time when I heard about the word “Billrun” from my friend Lisha I did not understand. Can you relate this word to any day-to-day activities of your life ?
No !! right ?? Neither did/ could  I untill I joined this organization  !!

Alright, now instate of building up a mountain on sand and increasing your curiosity and leaving you in confusion, let me tell what is the meaning of “Billrun”. Even I understood only after I joined this organization “Orange Business Services”.

Well, now I am working in a Billling dept where we have bills generating every mid of the month. The day when all the bills are generated, that very day is called “Billrun day”. Simple, right ??

Today is our billrun day, and I could see everyone’s situation  tight and tardy! Though everyone want to finish their work on time and running and running to complete their task.
Oh!! With the word running; I remember the humor that I cracked at those initial days that I had joined. Let me share with you the same.

“Billrun stands for  - Mr. Bill please run…….run fast…!!!”

Yes this is what exactly everyone feels and is been told to do, but just to replace the name Bill with individual’s name….individual means individual Billing Analyst.
Running is what we all have to do on this day;  the virtual running where there is hell lot of work on the table to be completed and very little time as  we are being given cut off time..!

But the unity that I have experienced here is just unbelievable; the manager, the colleagues and everyone RUN to achieve the same goal……

Here in this dept I personally have experienced / experience a great joy, that touches my soul directly and refreshes my mind…….!!

I love  this unity and everything surrounding me here….and also I am loving this day “BILRUN”!!!!

2 comments:

WingRider said...

after some years you will hate it...

Gracy Jayaraj said...

Hey not really !! But do i know you Wingrider?? May i know your real name if you dont mind??

Followers

Unsaid, Undone still all Finished !!

My thoughts are my foes. My fear is mounting and enveloping me all. I cannot lose him either. But have wraith at every stall.   I always com...