Friday 17 June 2011

Life fades, memories remain (School days)

I remember my 1st day in the school, it was 1989, June. I was admitted in Jr.Kg in Kamla high school.
My class-room was on the 3rd floor, toward left hand side as soon as we go upstairs  the 2nd room. You know, at times memories play tremendous role in one’s life that we either remember everything or nothing!!
 I remember my 1st day in school when mummy had dropped me in the class,my tears were continously rolling down my cheeks as I never wanted to go to the school; I loved my house, my brothers and my cousins. I always wanted to be in between them only. On the other hand no one else other than me was crying. I know it is strange to believe but that is the fact !!!

I remember rightly I was  the last student to enter the class. My luck, the bench right in front of the class teacher Mrs. Gomes was vacant beside Deepa Parmar; to introduce her, she is my 1st friend in school when I was 3yrs and 10 months old. Right behind our bench were twins sisters Jimmy and Jolly.
Though I don’t remember their faces, and has  blur memories, but I remember they were extremly beautiful. The only thing that differentiated them were a mole in Jimmy’s right eye.
And offcourse Vikrant Sawant the one whom I called brother, (my childhood brother, luckily still in touch, thanks to facebook) and Nishapal. Soon after around few months she became my best friend.

Couldn’t forget my first day at school where I was full in  tears and like the most pampered child was insisting my mother to be beside me and she made an excuse to go to the washroom and then vanished.!!

My teacher within the 1st week of the school made me the class representative which we used to call as the monitor of the class. Memories they play such an amazing role in one’s life !! Isn’t it ??

I cannot forget my school, my teachers and even my class-mates and friends.

Nishapal passed away due to cancer when we were in the 1st standard and Mrs. Rekha Gandhi was our class teacher.
I had lost interest in making friends, but yes, studies used to be my top most priority. My teachers made me the class representatives all through my school and college (except 8th till 10th std).
Speeches, elocution, poem recitation, singing….etc..etc…so many activties I was indulged in, but never had even dropped my precentage.

Later, hit the bad phase of my life, during 8th std, we shifted to Vasai, may be because of distance from school, or the family conditions, dropped in studies, lost my father 11yrs before on 11th June,when my school was about to re-open and was about to enter the 10th std. It was that utmost days for me to deal with! But as it is rightly said; “nothing is permanent in life” and so are the difficulties.

I fought back the difficulties and again topped my class during std 12th and left school with flying colors.
Mrs. Rekha Shahani teacher (now the principal of the school) had helped me a lot during my school days; though it be school fees, school uniform or clothes.!! I am thankful to her and even other teachers namely; Rama Rajendran, Prakash Sir, Mrs. Varsha Parwani, Mrs.Albina…. and everyone else who supported.

Albiet, how much ever I write; it will still be less and not sufficient to narrate my school days and describe my school. So here I bid adieu and conclude that school days were the best days of my life, and I would treasure it for as long as I am alive…!!!!

No comments:

Followers

Unsaid, Undone still all Finished !!

My thoughts are my foes. My fear is mounting and enveloping me all. I cannot lose him either. But have wraith at every stall.   I always com...